Ball Python cage size
Ball Pythons are an excellent beginner snake and one of the most popular pet snakes due to their docile nature. Captive bred Ball Pythons are becoming more readily available in the hobby, and the many color morphs being created have added to the growing popularity of this small python species. Ball Pythons were given the name "Ball" because when threatened, they will curl into a ball and hide their head in their coils. In Europe they are called "Royal Pythons."
- Common Name: Ball or Royal Python
- Scientific Name: Python regius
- Distribution: Western African countries of Ghana and Togo.
- Size: 3.5-6'
- Life Span: 25 years
- Daytime Terrarium Temperature 80-85°F
- Basking Temperature 88-93°F
- Nighttime Terrarium Temperature 75-80°F
- Create a thermal gradient in your snake enclosure by placing a heat lamp and an Under Tank Heater on one side of the terrarium. Zoo Med's Daylight Blue Reptile Bulb is a good choice for heating snake enclosures.
- Any of Zoo Med's thermometers will help you keep a close eye on terrarium temperatures.
- Keep all hides, such as a Repti Shelter™ or Habba Hut™ on the cool end of the enclosure.
- An Under Tank Heater is essential to provide belly heat to your snake while it digests a meal.
- Ball Pythons will do best on Zoo Med's Aspen Snake Bedding, Forest Floor cypress mulch, or ReptiBark®. We recommend a substrate layer of 2.5-3" in depth.
- Provide moistened New Zealand Sphagnum Moss in a Repti Shelter to create a humidity chamber. This chamber will help your snake shed it's skin as it grows.
- Zoo Med's Eco Carpet can be used as a safe, environmentally friendly and easy-to-clean substrate.
- When selecting a Ball Python of any age or size, we recommend purchasing Captive Born and Bred animals. Captive Born Ball Pythons fare better in captivity and have fewer problems associated with parasites and disease. Captive born Ball Pythons also tend to be more docile and have fewer problems feeding.
You might also like
Exotic and Unusual Pets - Ball Python
My woma pythons cage
ball python enclosures
Python`TV - How to make a snake cage/terraium
First time feeding baby ball python
Ball python cage setup