Ball Python cage size
- Common Name: Ball or Royal Python
- Scientific Name: Python regius
- Distribution: Western African countries of Ghana and Togo.
- Size: 3.5-6'
- Life Span: 25 years
- Daytime Terrarium Temperature 80-85°F
- Basking Temperature 88-93°F
- Nighttime Terrarium Temperature 75-80°F
- Create a thermal gradient in your snake enclosure by placing a heat lamp and an Under Tank Heater on one side of the terrarium. Zoo Med's Daylight Blue Reptile Bulb is a good choice for heating snake enclosures.
- Any of Zoo Med's thermometers will help you keep a close eye on terrarium temperatures.
- Keep all hides, such as a Repti Shelter™ or Habba Hut™ on the cool end of the enclosure.
- An Under Tank Heater is essential to provide belly heat to your snake while it digests a meal.
- Ball Pythons will do best on Zoo Med's Aspen Snake Bedding, Forest Floor cypress mulch, or ReptiBark®. We recommend a substrate layer of 2.5-3" in depth.
- Provide moistened New Zealand Sphagnum Moss in a Repti Shelter to create a humidity chamber. This chamber will help your snake shed it's skin as it grows.
- Zoo Med's Eco Carpet can be used as a safe, environmentally friendly and easy-to-clean substrate.
- When selecting a Ball Python of any age or size, we recommend purchasing Captive Born and Bred animals. Captive Born Ball Pythons fare better in captivity and have fewer problems associated with parasites and disease. Captive born Ball Pythons also tend to be more docile and have fewer problems feeding.